Nun

Two newly ordained nuns decided to take a day out. They went to London Zoo and were enjoying themselves, wandering around and looking at all the animals, and then they came upon the cage housing the gorillas.  As one of the nuns leaned forward to observe the gorillas more closely, the  biggest of the gorillas took one look at this beautiful young nun, leapt forward, bent open the bars, grabbed her, dragged her into the cage and disappeared into the back of his cavern with her. When the gorilla was finished with her, he came out of his cavern and ceremoniously thumped on his massive chest.

In the meantime, the nun managed to crawl and drag herself back out of the cage, and fell into the arms of the other nun. She was completely dishevelled, her hair was a mess, her clothes all dusty and askew, her tights were laddered and torn. She pulled herself together, straightened her dress and tidied herself up. She then turned to her friend and said, "Promise me one thing. Never, ever, mention this - or even ask me what happened. Ever ever again! Alright?"

The other nun agreed, and they made their way back to the convent. The years passed. The two nuns remained loyal friends and never talked about that day again. Many many years later, in their convent, the nun lay dying. At her bedside, the other nun, still her ever loyal friend, comforted her. Hesitantly, she finally said, "I know I promised to never ever talk about that incident at the zoo all those years ago... But, my dear, please... it won't go any further... I promise... I truly do! I've always wondered.... Can I ask you something?"

The dying nun nodded. "Whatever was it that actually happened in the back of that cage between you and that gorilla...?" She hesitated again, then stammered, "That... That gorilla... Did... did he... did he hurt you?"

The other nun slowly turned and looked at her, a tear trickled from her eye, "Did he hurt me?!" She looked away and paused to take a breath. The other nun patiently waited for her friend to finish. "Oh, did he hurt me... He never wrote... He never called... He never even sent flowers....!"

No comments: