Gates of Heaven

Three women arrived simultaneously at the gates of Heaven and were greeted by St. Peter. There will be a place for each of you once you have confessed your sins," he assured them, turning gravely to the 1st woman.

"I married one man, but I loved another," she admitted, blushing, "so I divorced my husband, and married the man I loved."

"Show her to the silver gates," St. Peter instructed a minion, and turned to the 2nd woman.

I loved one man, married him, and lived happily ever after," went her story. St. Peter directed her to be shown thru the golden gates, and turned toward the 3rd woman.

"I was a dancer in a cabaret," she confessed with a becoming blush, "and I pleased every man who came to see me, pleased them WELL for the right price."

"Show her to my room," said St. Peter.

No comments: